This is one of our most requested dishes to bring to potlucks. These deviled eggs taste delicious and are very macro friendly! Adapted from an excellent recipe at Cook’s Illustrated.
This recipe has already been added as a food in MyFitnessPal – if you are making the recipe exactly as laid out, then you can save a ton of time and pull this in immediately in your Diary! Just search for “MacroRx+” in your Diary and our recipes will come up. Each serving is one deviled egg (an egg-half)
If you want to alter the recipe at all, then you can copy the ingredients below, make any substitutions and create your own “Recipe” in MyFitnessPal and it will auto calculate your new macros!
Paleo Deviled Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 12 eggs
- 84 g Coconut Oil Mayo 6 Tbsp
- 1.5 tsp Spicy Brown Mustard
- 0.5 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 70 g sweet pickles
- Hard boil 12 eggs - Using an Instant Pot makes this so much easier to peel! See The Prairie Homestead for details.
- Slice each egg in half lengthwise and remove yolks to a small bowl. Discard the 2 egg white halves that look the worst.
- Mash yolks with fork until no lumps remain. Then add mustard, mayo, vinegar, Worcestershire, and a little salt and pepper to taste. Mix with a rubber spatula, smashing mixture against the side of the bowl until smooth.
- Scoop the egg yolk filling and fill a pastry bag (or sandwich-size Ziploc bag with a hole cut in the corner). Pipe yolk mixture into the egg white halves, mounding filling about 1/2" above the flat surface of whites.
- Garnish with paprika or a little sprig of parsley. Serve and watch them get gobbled up!